Pattern Bamboo Socks | Eco-Friendly | Square
- For casual buyers who like to add a little colour to their world.
- Our range of patterned bamboo socks come in a choice of five designs, so you can choose one for every day of the week.
- Also available in a Party pack (colour multi) is a 5 pack - one of each design.
- Bamboo Monkey sox adapt to different temperatures, and have antibacterial properties which crush foot odour – no more smelly or cold feet!
- Our pattern bamboo socks are eco-friendly. Increased CO2 levels in the earth's atmosphere are responsible for our planet warming. Bamboo takes in nearly 5 times the amount of CO2 & harmful greenhouse gases & produces 35% more Oxygen than an equivalent stand of trees.
- We are all responsible for the footprint we leave so why not try our bamboo socks.
- Bamboo Monkey pattern sox like to be machine washed in 40°c with no bleach or tumble drying - ouch! If you take care of your socks they will take care of you.
Really happy with the socks, although I was disappointed to see they’re made in China - I want my socks ethical environmentally (aced it with these socks) and made where human rights are respected (manufactured in China means I have significant doubts).
Thank you for your review - so glad you love the socks. But you have raised a really interesting issue. I agree wholeheartedly we should be manufacturing in Australia. The rag trade runs in my blood and I remember the days when we had a vibrant local industry. Last year I took the decision to try very hard to have my new range of socks made here in Australia. I contacted a supplier who had ethical credentials, met with them and went through the samples, and spent three months politely being given the run around as they only wanted to make socks from cotton and didn't have the decency to tell me that. I travelled to NSW - met with multiple people - only to find on more than one occasion that whilst the companies referred to being local, they were manufacturing offshore. The reason being, especially for something as specialised as socks - is we as a country have walked away from the investment in technological innovation needed to create a high quality sock. I have had to think long and hard on this. I decided that just like in Australia not everyone in China is responsible for the behaviour of their Govt. Just like here there are a lot of hard working individuals. The factory we use has the highest ethical international standards for employment and environment. But I hear you. My nature is - if I find something broken - I try and fix it. I have taken onboard the obstacles we are currently facing as an industry and am about to launch a new Social Enterprise where we will be manufacturing product here in Melbourne, that will be made from fabric produced here in Melbourne. A long answer I know - but I just wanted to be clear that I understand your concerns, but we need to understand there are some things that we just don't have the technology to make well here - yet, but I am hopeful that this is our collective moment to regain our pride in our local manufacturing sector. At bamboo monkey I am just in the process of developing our first fully locally designed, pattern made, fabric dyed and manufactured sweat pant - and when it is launched I will share the costing process - as that is the biggest hurdle we as manufacturers have - customers are so trained to expect and buy cheap - the reality of locally made is actually quite shocking. A fair wage for a machinist here is .64 cents a minute - roughly $37 an hour. That compares to $1.50 a day in Bangladesh ( where most large Australian retailers have now moved their production as China is no longer the cheap market it once was). I hope this provides some clarity and thank you again for raising such an important issue. Regards Edwina
This is a great product that supports my wish to lesson my personal impact on the environment. If I can choose an environmentally better product, why wouldn’t I? Why wouldn’t you?
These socks are comfortable and have solved the sweating issues and associated concerns.
These were a gift for my son... socks might be seen as boring but he loved them and has stated they are the most comfortable socks ever... as well as the environmental benefits.
The Bamboo Monkey staff were excellent and I received my order very promptly. No fuss and very satisfied.
Great socks, my son loves them as they are really comfortable and control his athletes foot. Thank you