The Raglan Crew
Regular price $99.00
"Hang on, this looks like fashion - we thought you said Bamboo Monkey was all about the basics?"
Ok, Ok, we snuck this in. All those years scoping the latest trends is part of our DNA, so although this started out as an idea for a simple crew, things got a little crazy. First, we looked at the length, crew's by nature are shorter in length, usually finishing just below the waist. That's great if you are a catwalk model and a paper bag looks like couture on you, but for some of us, wearing something with a tight band around your lower waist can make you feel like you have just devoured Christmas and Thanksgiving in one sitting. Yes, we celebrate both, a hangover from spending 4 years in Manhattan whilst studying a fashion degree, we love the fact Thanksgiving is just about people getting together, no presents no rules, can be family, friends, adopted or forever's. Sorry .... got carried away.
So, we curved the front hem a touch higher, and dropped the back hem a touch lower. Again it's a subtle trick that elongates rather than cuts you in half. We added some angled side seams so it's not shapeless, and yes, added some raw hem details, gotta love a little edginess in your Bamboo Monkey crew :)
- Relaxed Fit: Hangs a little loose
- Asymmetrical hem hits at hip level and dips lower at the back
- Model wears a size S. She’s 176cm and usually a dress size of 8-10.
- So versatile, dress up or down, the relaxed crew creates length with a curved hem. Extended sleeves with thumb access mean those mitts will never go cold.
- Features an open neck, and raw edge detailing.
- Exclusive embroidery detailing.
- 70% Bamboo, 30% cotton French Terry. Fabric weight is 420 gsm.
How to Care:
- Cold hand wash, or machine wash on a delicate cycle. Lay flat to dry.
More from this collection